Gilson is hosting a number of FREE seminars across the UK, Germany and The Netherlands
Liquid handling is at the heart of most laboratory practices. From manual pipetting, transferring simple solutions, through to complex extractions and purifications, they all present unique challenges that can affect the reproducibility, accuracy and productivity of experiments. Join us at one of our many venues during November and December, learning key aspects of pipetting in the morning, with the opportunity for an interactive, hands-on session after lunch with our Gilson experts.
Sign up today! Registration is FREE, but spaces are limited
- Cambridge, Babraham Research Campus - 20 November 2019
- Oxford, Oxford Science Park - 27 November 2019
- Macclesfield, Alderley Park - 4 December 2019
>> Local Details (German language)
- Hannover, Medizinische Hochschule - 25 November 2019
- Köln, CECAD - 27 November 2019
- Leiden, BTF Life Science Park - 26 November 2019
Seminars are from 09:30 am (10:00 am Start) – 12:00 pm with lunch and optional interactive session from 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm.
See the linked PDFs above for local details. All events will be held in the corresponding local language.
What Will You Learn
Learn expert tips and tricks on the best pipetting practices and how to address the issues that commonly cause pipetting errors. Understand how to automate a manual process; either by introducing automation to your lab or the things to consider if you already use such systems, and gain confidence with automation that many scientists often lack. Finally, discover the world of Gilson’s Internet of Things (IoT) and how new, smart, Bluetooth® pipettes and devices can easily be integrated within your lab to enhance reproducibility and traceability, and change the way you manage your data.
Pipetting Tips & Tricks
- How to minimise common pipetting errors
- Best practice pipetting advice
- How to pipette viscous and volatile samples
- Looking after your pipette – simple maintenance
How to Automate a Manual Method
- An introduction to automation
- Things to consider when automating a method
- How to apply this to your existing automated systems, regardless of manufacturer
Making your Lab as Smart as your Science – Introducing Smart Connected Lab Devices
- How smart pipettes and devices fit into the lab of the future
- Connecting the lab - behind the technology
- Simple ways to introduce Connected devices in your lab
- The evolution of the laboratory and how to future proof your lab
From attending one of our informative seminars you will gain a better understanding of how to manipulate liquids, whether via manual or automated processes and gain the confidence to apply it in your laboratory, regardless of the systems you already use.
Who Should Attend?
Any professionals who pipette or handle liquids within the laboratory. For Example, Lab Officers, Research Assistants, Lab Technicians, Chemists.
Please note. Spaces are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment